Symptoms / Types
There are some of the topics to discuss with your physician:
- Does my erectile dysfunction stem from an underlying illness?
- Could any of my medicines be causing this problem or making it worse?
- Could stress or a psychological problem be to blame for my erection difficulties?
- Are there medications I can take?
Also, know some interesting facts that can also help lead to a diagnosis with your physician:
- Overweight men are more likely to have ED
- Common causes of ED include nerve diseases, psychological conditions and diseases that affect blood flow. A number of prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs may also cause ED by affecting a man's hormones, nerves or blood circulation
- Tobacco, alcohol and recreational drugs can all damage a man's blood vessels and/or restrict blood flow to the penis, causing ED
- Regular exercise can reduce the risk of ED
- Stress and anxiety are leading causes of temporary ED